Monday, August 6, 2007

Testimony

Our family attends church regularly; it is an integral part of our family life. Yesterday was no exception as we prepared for church. Yesterday we had the fast and testimony meeting. This seemed to be the first time my son noticed the younger children get up and bear their testimony. He turned to me and asked, "I go up there too?"

I was really unprepared to here that! Only nearly 3 1/2 years old, I would have never expected B to want to go up in front of the congregation. He did an excellent job for his age (that is, he didn't run and hide when it was his turn). I will definitely have to have a family home evening about testimonies. He and I did talk about testimonies yesterday evening.

I just cannot believe how much he is growing! Lately, it seems that he and I talk more and more about the gospel. It's almost a little scary; I have the responsibility, even the command, to teach him. I hope I can teach him well. I hope he learns to love the Lord as I do.

1 comment:

The Ramblin' Rat said...

I am never one to post on someone's blog the first time I read it, but I couldn't help it this time.

Your little guys sounds so cute. I love it when little ones love to share about Jesus. If only us grown ups could be that brave!

What a great legacy you are leaving for your children by raising them up in the Lord.