Thursday, June 25, 2009

Free Stuff!

So, I have to say that I love when there is FREE fun stuff to do. I am dying to try one of those kid classes at Lowe's, but my kids are still a little too young. However, they were the perfect age to go check out the "family summer camp" held by Bass Pro Shops. A couple weeks ago we traveled down the hill to check it out. They had a craft area (which we didn't find until we were going to leave), an area to practice "casting" a fishing pole, FREE shooting gallery (I think the kids fav by far, although they really liked the casting too). For older kids there was free archery and BB gun shoots. Oh and they got to get a picture taken "holding" a great catch of fish.

Speaking of fish, I sat in on the "Fishing Basics" class too. I even learned a new knot for tying on a fishing hook. I thought this would be a good class for me since I am currently a Webelos scout leader (in need of training, but it's fun!). Now all I have to do is actually go fish... not sure what I'll do if I actually catch anything since I have no clue how to clean it! All the times my dad took my sister and I fishing, we never caught anything so I'm not holding my breath.

AND the kids got to see Aunt Myra and Uncle Scott. So glad they could stop by for a little visit. It was crowded, but there really wasn't any lines, even at the shooting gallery. And the cost just can't be beat... we DID ended up spending a little money to buy some kettle corn (yum yum!). Thanks Bass Pro Shop!



1 comment:

dietcokegrrl said...

I saw the kids classes at Lowe's too...we'll have to try them out in a few years. :)

Sounds like fun at the Bass Pro Shops--who knew!!

Love the pictures--so cute!