Sunday, August 8, 2010

The End and The Beginning

Summer vacation has come to an end and a new school year has begun. Needless to say I am super behind! I had some issues with blogger and couldn't log in but I've finally resolved it. So, let's pick up with the end of Ira's Kindergarten year!

I never thought I would be one to get emotional on the last day of school. I can't really put into words what I felt as I walked onto the campus to pick up Ira. Something about the din of children, parents, teachers and staff all calling out their good-byes really struck a chord with me. Seeing the office staff waving to a bus full of students as the bus driver honked his horn did it for me. The tears started coming. All I can say is I am grateful for sunglasses!

A few days earlier my son's teacher surprised me with the cutest gift. I haven't taken a picture of it, but she painted a large terra cotta pot. The pot is decorated with ladybugs created by the red thumb prints of the children in the class. SO thoughtful!

And here is Ira with her on that last day:
Ira is so cute. Can't you tell how much he loved her just from this one picture? It cracks me up every time I look at it!

Ira also gave his teacher a gift. I had him write her a note and included some chocolate chip cookies, permanent markers, and sharpened pencils. It was hard for Ira to grasp that he was not returning to Mrs. L's class in the fall (he didn't seem to catch on until a few weeks before starting the new school year).

Here's his little note:


And I made a decorated soap dispenser. I saw an idea for something similar on a blog and decided to try making one. First, I bought some soap from the Dollar Tree and then applied some cute stickers I found at Michael's. I finished it off with a few coats of Modge Podge and some twine and a little charm at the top. Now Ira's teacher can have her kindergartners wash their hands in style!


I'm grateful that Ira's first year of school was so positive and I'm grateful for teachers, like Mrs. L, who are committed to providing a fun learning environment for her students.

1 comment:

MalikVlogs said...

this is a very good and informative site I love your all content and had great time visiting your site.
.thanks for this great information and keep posting good and informative content good luck : https://www.fdcmovies.com/