Saturday, September 8, 2007

The End is Near!

I know, the title sounds like one of those Christian extremist posters following a parade route. But, we have less than a week before we make the big move to the new house! The end to our stay in this pitiful excuse for a rental is near!

Speaking of parades, our family attended the Apple Valley Round-Up Day Parade. My niece is a member of the ROTC and was marching in the event. I am so proud of her! She really did an excellent job (especially given that she only started ROTC a month ago and has already advanced to the drill team and some sort of staff sergeant rank). My children were on their best behavior during the parade. B loved watching the antique tractors (his passion). I think the most exciting part of the parade for both children came at its conclusion--the street sweeper sweeping up all the horse doo-doo!

I can't help but feel that we are going to cut things a little tight with our move-in date. The carpet is installed and most of the painting touch-ups are finished. On Monday the painters return to finish up. Tuesday the glass guys come to install the shower enclosure in my mom's bath and the glass door to our shower, as well as the glass for the kitchen cabinets. Tuesday is also the day that good ol' Edison is supposed to run electricity to our house. Wednesday the carpenters will return to install the large fireplace mantle and built-in ironing board in the laundry.

By Thursday we are counting on Edison to REALLY have electricity run to the house because on Thursday the propane guys come out to install the tank (and they need electricity to do that). I will also have carpet cleaners out that day to shampoo our new carpets. Then Friday is M-Day; no, not May Day, unless Edison doesn't come through for us, but Move Day. Movers will be at the rental to pack everything up while the Telephone, DirectTV, and A/C guys will be at the house to turn on the Telephone, Satellite TV, and final A/C things (whatever they can't do until propane is at the house). Friday night we should be safe and snug in our new house (fingers crossed, knock on wood). I'll let you know how it REALLY turns out...TBC

3 comments:

dietcokegrrl said...

YAY!! I'm so glad that things are coming together and you should be all moved in this weekend! Hope all goes smoothly.

When are you having a housewarming party so we can check it out? I want to see it in daylight and decorated/furnished.

M & M said...

We definitely want to have a party once we are moved in and settled a bit. Unfortunately, the hubby's schedule changes in October so no more Saturdays off.

I think we are going to shoot for doing something the first Saturday of November when his vacation starts (and of course we expect you for Thanksgiving too!).

K said...

Wow! I can't believe it's finished already. That's so fast. When can I see a picture? Can you email me one?