Sunday, May 3, 2009

Fast & Furious

A few nights ago the family went outside to enjoy some family time together just after dinner. Ira decided to ride the bike Mark's parent gave him for his birthday. He is doing quite well (it has training wheels). Every once in a while I would get a little nervous as he would take a corner rather fast. Because we have a retaining wall, I fear he will ride off the concrete path and past the wall, or be thrown past the wall when falling. Mark didn't seem to be nervous at all--every so often he would give Ira a little push to send him off faster than before.

Emma had tried to pedal the tricycle for a while, but she had not gotten the hang of it until that night. In her previous attempts she neglected to steer; instead she would turn the handle bars side to side as she pedaled. The result was her running into the outside pillars, grass or rocks. But that night everything seemed to come together and she was OFF!

The only time Emma stopped pedaling was when a grasshopper jumped out in front of her tricycle. She said, "Quick Mommy! Catch the grasshopper for me!" As I have said before, I am NOT the person to ask to come catch bugs. I freak out at the sight of most bugs. However, for my dear sweet daughter, I cupped my hands around the grasshopper so it would not escape. I couldn't stop from flinching when it bounced against my hands, but I held strong! And my daughter was happy to take the grasshopper away as soon as she could get off the tricycle. *WHEW!* Sometimes being a mommy requires more than I ever dreamed!

As you can see, we haven't removed the tag on his bike yet!

Emma so proud to be riding her tricycle! (And yes, that is a skirt! :p)

Mommy and Baby just after coming inside from the fun.

1 comment:

Elder Esplin said...

I love it when they finally get the hang of things. They can enjoy something new and keep busy for a little while. Cute, Cute!