Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sprinkler Fun

Today was a beautiful "summer" day. I had become tired of the relentless wind that has been battering us for what seems like forever (to the extent that I started to daydream of where we could move to where I wouldn't have to deal with this awful wind!). Thankfully the wind died down just enough for me to put the thought behind me (besides, it costs too much to live anywhere else).

Mark was gone in the morning for work, but made it home just after lunch. We all went outside to enjoy the *light* breeze and heat. At which time Mark decided to give the lawn some much needed love. Unfortunately our little patch of grass needs some major work. So Mark mowed, seeded and then turned on the sprinklers to give it a nice little soak.

As soon as the sprinklers came on Ira said, "Let's get our swimsuits on and play in the sprinklers!" Well, the sprinklers are only on for 5-10 minutes, so I suggested that he and Emma strip down as fast as possible to enjoy the brief time they had. Yes, I encouraged my children to run naked through the sprinklers--and they had a glorious time. Only one neighbor drove past the house (Sorry! We're a corner lot with chain link fencing). No pictures, although I was tempted to run and get the camera--at least so I'd have blackmail pictures when they got older.

I hope tomorrow is as nice and toasty as today because we plan to enjoy a picnic lunch at Mojave Narrows and play in the water playground--with swimsuits on of course!

No comments: