Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Little Man Is Growing Up!

This is a hard post for me to write. My oldest, Ira, begins school tomorrow! I'm sure I'm just like any other mom when her first child leaves home to start kindergarten--terrified and delighted. I am amazed with how much he has grown in these short 5 years (okay, at times they seemed like a very long five years).

Ira has a wonderful, sensitive heart. He is inventive and creative. I am always curious to see what he will come up with next. He has also started to develop a silver tongue of sorts--convincing Emma of doing things his way with some powerful persuasion!

Of course, Ira is also thrilled with starting school. He is a little concerned with being at school so long (we have full day kindergarten). I am a little concerned with what he will learn from the other little boys and girls. I hope he will be a light to those who have not been taught about Jesus. I hope he is able to develop loving friendships.

I love you Ira and wish you well on your new adventures in school!

1 comment:

dietcokegrrl said...

What a beautiful post and such a bittersweet moment! Hard to believe they are starting school.