Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hats on Parade

Evidently it is a kindergarten tradition at Ira's school to have a hat parade near the end of the school year. I thought it was a nice send off and not nearly as corny as a "kindergarten graduation" (sorry if I offended anyone, but really, kindergarten graduation?).

Ira was thrilled with this project, but to be honest, I was done with projects. I let him have his way with the red sand he found in the craft bin and printed some pictures of ... wait for it ... BAKUGAN, of course! (Although, since my in-laws baby-sat for us last Tuesday he has been talking all about Avatar the Last Airbender ?? Could this spell the end of his Bakugan obsession? And having never seen the show, should I hope that this will be his Bakugan replacement?)

While I muse over these questions, I'll let you enjoy Ira in all his Bakugan hat glory:


Here's a nice back view:

And one last shout out to my baby boy, having survived his first year of public school!

Really, my heart is so full of thanks for his amazing kindergarten teacher. She worked miracles with her class and with this particular boy. No person should be locked up with 32 five year olds, but she is no ordinary person! And Ira--he has come such a long way. We couldn't be happier or more proud of his accomplishments this year!

1 comment:

dietcokegrrl said...

Great hat! Nice job Ira!! :)