Saturday, June 5, 2010

Gettin' Crafty

As usual, I have been neglecting the blog. My only excuse is that I have been busy trying out a few crafty ideas. It all started with this:


A bracelet for my daughter. I had been curious about beading before, but after buying a small book on the subject I decided that it required too much stuff that I would have to buy. What if I didn't like doing it? So I put the book on a shelf to collect dust and went about my business. Then the RS had a class on beading. Too much fun! Stacey admitted that it might be just a tad addicting but she had some great tips on finding the best deals too!

So I began to bead. First for my daughter:


(with the exception of the far right necklace--that's a "boy" necklace for Ira).

And then for me:


Of course, I couldn't stop there. I decided it was time to make some cute clips for my daughter. For Christmas I got a bunch of cute bows off e-bay. Now it was time to get some flower power. Here are a few of the clips I've made this last month:


Just recently I have also decided to rearrange my great room. I'm loving the change. Ira came home to the new arrangement and exclaimed, "Mommy, you moved the furniture! It's so beautiful!" And I finally decided what to do with a beautiful framed picture Mark gave me for Christmas. So, I've been a little busy and maybe even a little crafty. Which is funny since I have never considered myself a crafty person--I figured my sister got the lion's share of the artistic talent--but it has been fun to keep my hands busy (if you don't count the garden which could probably use a good weeding :p).

2 comments:

Elder Esplin said...

YAY! Craft away girl! I know it keeps me sane:) Can't wait to see the furniture moved around too.

dietcokegrrl said...

How did I miss this post? LOVE all the beading and the hair clips! Nice job!! :)