Friday, May 11, 2007

Farmer's Market

Every Thursday a Farmer's Market is held at Victor Valley College. Since moving to the victor valley area 2 years ago this market has been an almost weekly adventure for my little family. I remember our first trip to the market. It was the first time my son tasted a strawberry. I still remember him sitting on my hip in the sling, savoring each juicy bite, strawberry juice running through his fingers and down his little arms.

My husband hasn't been able to go with us to the market lately because of his work schedule, but we still plan our weekly trip. Over the winter the market slows down quite a bit and I only go about every two weeks. Last week I missed the market, but when I went to the grocery store and found peaches that were ripe I had a feeling that things were going to be exciting this week. It seems to have taken a little longer to get really exciting this year, but the market has finally arrived!

Yesterday I bought apricots, peaches, cherries, strawberries, tomatoes, asparagus, green beans, broccoli, new potatoes and lettuce. My daughter had her first apricot. Oh how she loved that apricot! By the time she was done her little face was bright orange. My son loves apricots as well. I bought 8 and by the time we reached the car I had 3 left. One went to my daughter, the rest to my son. I just can't say it enough, I love the farmer's market!!

No comments: