Saturday, May 19, 2007

One Tough Cookie

I have to say that my daughter is one tough cookie. She is always on the go. Unlike her brother, she was crawling at the normal age of 8 months. My son was never in a hurry, he didn't begin to crawl until 11 months old. My daughter, now 10 1/2 months old, can really fly across the floor. And, if a door is opened, watch out! She is going, going, gone (squealing and giggling all the way).

In the backyard of our rental there is a lot of concrete. This can be hard on the knees so my daughter has perfected what I call the three point crawl. She uses one foot to propel herself forward so she doesn't have to have both knees on the ground. This has been fairly effective, especially since she can switch knees when one gets tired.

We also have a large gravel area in the backyard and a smaller gravel area in the front yard. These used to be barriers for my little Cutesie, but she has decided that they will be so no more. A few days ago she played for a brief time in some rocks in the front yard, but I figured after experiencing the sharp jabs of the rocks she would no longer venture there. Wrong.

Yesterday she decided to take an extended trip in the rocks in the backyard, traveling a good two to three yards to get from my mother's room to the concrete. Later, she returned by taking a round about way through the rocks, stopping to play with various tractors along her path. I can dress her like a little princess, but I know she is one rough and tough little girl at heart.

1 comment:

K said...

She sounds like an adventurere! When do we get to see pictures? You can always go private if you don't want to show yourselves.