Friday, November 30, 2007

It's Raining!

My daughter, C, has not had much experience with rain--it has been so dry the last year and a half. So today's rainfall was quite an excitement. Just touching the falling water made her giddy. She would walk just far enough to feel a few sprinkles and then run back under the roof line for safety.

Yesterday I coaxed my son to go outside and enjoy the weather. He had enjoyed himself so much that he spent almost the whole day outside, even into the early evening. Today we were all getting a little cabin fever. I was happy to sit on the loggia and enjoy the rain, but my son was itching to go exploring.

I finally gave the okay and he was off. He looked at the mini rivers running through the property and scoped out all the mud puddles. When he was done he was completely soaked, but content. Sometimes it seems the only way to burn off some of that energy is to be outside.

No comments: