Friday, November 9, 2007

Out of Darkness

For the last two months I have been cast into outer darkness... at least in the sense of being connected to my friends via the web. We were able to move on the 20th of September, but Verizon canceled our internet access the Friday before our move. Then we had to tangle with Verizon's immense ineptitude in getting a phone line to our new home. Thankfully we have cell phones otherwise we would have been truly isolated.

You would think, living in an area with so much growth as the Victor Valley, that Verizon would know how to handle installing a phone box at a new home. We had four different technicians come out before our case was transferred to the right department. Each time I would call and they would say, "That case was completed." I would then say, I have no phone box, therefore no phone. Can you comprehend? At which point they would schedule ANOTHER technician to come out to the house.

When the guy engineering the line came out, after over a month of battling technicians, he asked if I have electricity. Do these people have no clue? So finally the dust has settled and we have a phone and an internet connection.

No comments: