Friday, November 9, 2007

READ!

My daughter has discovered a four letter word: READ! At first it was absolutely adorable. She would grab a book and run over, saying READ! READ! How could one deny? So we would read and read and read. After the fifth reading she would jump down, find another book, run over and the cycle would repeat itself.

Well, after several hours each day for the last two weeks I have begun to dread the "READ" word. Should I say that I am busy, I would be hit with cries and tears. My poor baby only wants the simple pleasure of reading a book, how can I deny such a simple request?

I think she is gradually realizing that if mommy looks busy, she can't read. But, should mommy sit down for a minute to relax, she pounces with a book and the four letter word. And even though I may complain, I do love reading to my children.

No comments: