Friday, November 9, 2007

Trick or Treat

A few months ago I bought a mouse costume at a yard sale. Originally I intended to have my daughter, C, wear it for Halloween. Turns out C will not wear any kind of one piece costume that involved a hood. My son, B, thought the costume was great and constantly wanted to wear it around the house. I felt it fitting to have him be the mouse for Halloween. After all, one of his nicknames as a baby was squeaker (when angry and frustrated he would make squeaking noises). He is still quite a squeaker... so it fit.

Since he could no longer play the cat in my cat and mouse idea, I figured C could make a great cat. Even better, in the weeks prior to Halloween my daughter began perfecting her "meow". It has to be one of the cutest meows I've heard. When she really gets into character, she pulls the "w" out long and almost guttural. I love it.

In the high desert the homes are spaced too far apart for any good door to door trick or treat. Instead, we go to our church building for "trunk" or treat, serving candy from the car trunks of those in attendance. There is usually quite a crowd and my children got more candy than they will eat in a year. This year they also had a plethora of Halloween cupcakes. My hubby enjoyed almost all the flavor variations. He asked me why would they provide so many cupcakes and I said they're here for the candy starved parents like him.

No comments: