Monday, April 9, 2007

DDR

On Saturday my family and I traveled "down the hill" to visit my sister and her husband. I told everyone we were going down to celebrate Easter together, but that was just a ruse. I have to be honest and confess... we went down to visit because I wanted to play DDR. What is DDR you ask? It is one of the hot video games out, one of the first interactive games on the market, it is Dance Dance Revolution.

My first exposure to DDR came while I was a graduate student at Cal. A friend held a pool party at his father's home in Marin. In their basement was the arcade version of DDR. It seemed like a lot of fun, but I don't frequent arcades often and I'm not going to spend $1 for less than 5 minutes of play time.

Now I've never been one to play video games. I spent some time playing MUD games on a local BBS while in high school, but even that got a little old after awhile. My sister has always been more fond of video games and her husband even more so. After playing DDR recently at one of my niece's birthday parties, I called my sister to tell her that this was a game she MUST have. She told me that her husband had offered to buy it for her, but she refused. Thankfully she listened to my advice and they are now the proud owners of DDR. And now I have to think of another good excuse to visit my sister, so I can play DDR too.

1 comment:

s&m said...

You just love me for my games.