Thursday, April 19, 2007

Pushing Dirt

What a difference a week makes! I guess it has been a little over a week since my last post... Things have really been moving at the property--and I mean that in a literal sense. Grading took place a week ago Monday. B was thrilled to watch the bulldozer and loader work. The man grading the lot was very nice. He let B sit in one tractor while operating the other one.

At this point I have to digress to explain how significant this was to my son. My son is fascinated by big tractors and construction sites. My mom has said that we moved to the right area with all the construction in progress in the Victor Valley. In our backyard, my son has set up his own construction site. I can't even begin to count the number of tractors he has in our backyard. The grandmas love showering him with tractors because of his absolute elation in receiving them. So I cannot stress enough how utterly, completely thrilled my son is to watch tractors at work. Imagine how even more thrilled he was to sit in one of those big machines.

We returned to the property a couple days later to watch the backhoe trench the property. This time my son brought one of his toy tractors to "push dirt" while the backhoe was working. Even C got into the occasion and used her hands to shovel large amounts of dirt (and to try to eat the dirt as babies often do). The only way to convince B to leave was to bribe him with candy and the assurance that in a few days the concrete mixer would come to the property.

Today the forms were laid for the footings and tomorrow rough plumbing will be installed. All in all, it has been amazing to watch the transformation that has occurred at our site. When the property was graded, I was amazed--it was so beautiful. Each step has increased my vision of what our home will be like and so far, I am thrilled.

1 comment:

K said...

Please post pictures so we can see it happening!!!